Injury Attorney in Bowling Green, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Review | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Bowling Green, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our firm knows that a severe injury can create serious difficulties for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Bowling Green, MO injury attorneys help victims recover compensation after tragic injuries and accidents.
If you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were hurt during the course of employment or by a product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed due to an injury. This may include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other damages we'll discuss in this article. Contact our today for more information. No recovery? We don't get paid.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Bowling Green, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney will handle all investigation, documentation and litigation while you focus on your physical recovery. As part of our legal services in Bowling Green, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Investigate your claim, acquire evidence needed and develop a legal strategy to win your claim
- Accurately determine how much your injuries are worth
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, including using alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure maximum compensation in negotiation
- Take the case in front of a judge and jury if necessary
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Give you peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You were injured through no fault of your own, but we are here to help guide you through your claim. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to being made whole again.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Bowling Green, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Cases in Bowling Green, MO
The personal injury attorneys at HK Law have managed countless cases for victims in the Bowling Green, MO area. Here are some of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Automotive Accidents — Motor vehicle accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These cases often involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite and other hazards that may cause injuries on someone's property.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injuries or illnesses that took place on the job, and 5,190 work-related deaths. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion and even losing a body part. It is important to contact an experienced workers' compensation attorney as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that are not designed, manufactured and marketed properly can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, and even design errors that lead to injuries. In the U.S. in 2021, 11.7 millions people went to the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, household appliances and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice can include surgical mistakes, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
A death or devastating injury can cause emotional and financial stress to family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Bowling Green, MO are here to help no matter what your situation is. We are here to get you the compensation you are owed.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Bowling Green, MO
There are several things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? It's important to know if you're putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- Do you have experience with my type of injury claim? Have they handled cases similar to yours before? Did they win?
- How much do you think my case is worth? A skilled Bowling Green, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we work on a contingency basis (services are free and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). You owe us no fees unless you get the compensation you are owed.
What Damages Is Available For My Injuries in Bowling Green, MO?
The amount you receive in compensation often depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you are partially at fault for the accident and the abilities of your Bowling Green, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, you are entitled to two categories of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. A skilled injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical bills, including
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or home improvements
Noneconomic damages are meant to reimburse you for your damages that are harder to put a dollar figure on. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the more you'll be able to recover. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer run at full speed, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Bowling Green, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Call an Injury Attorney in Bowling Green, MO Today
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Bowling Green, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois region. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Bowling Green, MO as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation consultation.